Atty Fee Rules/ SB94
LOAN MODIFICATION FEE RULES
Our law firm prides itself in complying will all laws associated with loan modification fees. Prior to coming to our law firm, many of our clients have previously been the victim of loan modification scammers that took their money and produced no results. Because loan modification scams are so prevalent, our law firm makes an extra effort to insure that all of our legal fees are clear. We want all of our clients to make an educated decision about their case.
The following information is designed to help clients be well informed about the laws established to protect them from loan modification fee scams.
Senate Bill 94
On October 15, 2009, Gov. Schwarzenegger signed into law SB 94 which bans loan modification firms from being paid up-front, or even asking to be paid up-front. The law requires that, under all circumstances, the loan modification firm must first fully perform all the services they contract to perform, or represent that they would perform, before being paid. The ban on advance fees also prohibits attorneys from requiring a deposit in their trust account.
To read the full text of SB 94, go to the following link:
Tips For Hiring Loan Modification Help
If you are hiring a law firm to assist you with your loan modification, the following are some important “red flags” to look for:
1. Be wary of anyone who says that they can guarantee the outcome of your loan modification
2. Do not hire anyone that refuses to give you a contract in writing.
3. Check the reputation of any attorney with the State Bar of California before you hire them. You can do a quick search using the attorney’s name online at:http://www.calbar.ca.gov/. The attorney should have no complaints made against them.
4. Do an internet search for online reviews or complaints before you hire anyone.
5. Check with our local Better Business Bureau to confirm that the business has a good rating.
SB 94 Compliance
Our office is 100% SB 94 compliant. This means that clients hiring our firm will sign a contract for each and every service that the law firm provides, and no attorney’s fees will be due unless and until that contract is successfully performed. All of our attorneys have perfect records with the State Bar, and we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Our outstanding reputation is of paramount importance to our law firm, and our compliance with all attorney fees laws is part of the high quality of performance you should expect from our firm.